Here's wishing everyone a happy Monday and a great rest of the week.
A day in the mind of Dave: Here's what's going on in my head today.
- I'm making an effort to read the Bible through this year. I've selected The One Year Bible (New Living Translation). It's pretty cool because it has the daily readings all worked out. You get a little bit of OT, NT, Psalms and Proverbs each day. It's also been interesting reading this translation. Previous Bible read thru's have been King James.
- Michael Tait will now be the Newsboys' front man on tour. Peter Furler is out. Come to think of it, their voices are pitched similarly.
- I came across this worship artist by the name of Travis Taylor. As far as I know, he hasn't hit "the scene" which suits me just fine. He makes great worship music with a great retro sound, somewhat like Leeland with much more to say lyrically. We need to be singing his songs.
- A new biography on John Lennon is out. I noticed it in Ireland but couldn't afford to pony up the pounds (that's currency) on something that I may or may not actually read. It showed up at the local library so I borrowed. I'll let you know how it turns out.
- Baton Rouge got it's second, second hand book store while I was away in Ireland. This is huge, guys, this is huge. Besides the fact that the second hand book trade seems to be dying, Baton Rouge is not exactly a repository of used book dealers. As a second hand book junky, this makes me very happy indeed.
- Here's to prayer and fasting. It seems that there has been a lot of talk on the social networks about fasting, and I even joined a fasting group on Facebook. I think it is a good thing because it's like group support for fasters or something. I've also noticed a lot of Daniel's fasts and the like, which I think is good. Maybe some would argue that it's an easy way out, but I don't think so. I think it shows that we want to get close to God and that there are ways to do that in our way-too-fast-paced society.