Saturday, December 12, 2009

Nona Freeman: Her Final Public Email?

Matriarch and missionary great Nona Freeman sent an email to the world last Tuesday that seems to denote her days of ministry are behind her. If you've ever been touched by her ministry, laughed at her stories, read her many books, then you'll understand what a loss this is.



From: Nona Freeman
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 3:46 PM
To: NONA FREEMAN
Subject: Dear Friends; Fans & Email Buddies of Nona Freeman;

Dear Friends; Fans & Email Buddies of Nona Freeman;

Greetings in the name of Jesus. This is just to update everyone about my condition. The Lord has blessed me to live 93 wonderful years and as the lyrics record truly, 'I Don’t Regret A Mile I've Traveled For The Lord.' God has been my constant love and keeper. I marked my 70th year in the ministry April 12, 2009. My life has been one amazing blessing and miracle after another. I had a loving childhood; married a man that I still love to this day and God blessed me with five amazing children.

We were called to Africa but long before we got to go there our hearts were there; then 41 years later we returned to the United States . After the death of my beloved husband 'E.L. 'Bug' Freeman in 1999 my wonderful daughter Sandra Freeman has devoted her life to seeing I have been able to continue my ministry that God called me to when I was but a child. I am blessed to still enjoy the benefits of my new computer my supporters blessed me with for my 70th ministerial anniversary that I am sending this message to you on.

I am sorry but I am no longer able to continue my schedule due to my health from sickness I suffered in January 2009. God has blessed me not only with a wonderful daughter to see I can carry on my ministry but wonderful aides that devote their time to see the work of Nona Freeman; my ministry, my books and messages can still go out. I am sorry I am not nor have been able to take personal calls as I desire and have done so in the past; my energy just does not allow it now.

For a few weeks now I have been under the care of hospice that comes to my home. Please bear in mind; I am in no pain but I am ready for God to take me. I am getting weaker. I have fought a good fight; I have kept the faith and I have traveled the world in obedience to Gods call on my life to answer the call God placed on mine and Bugs heart to carry this Jesus name gospel. Our ministry has been our life. I have the greatest family a person could ever have but I am ready to see my Jesus, my mother and my daughter Marla now gone to be with the Lord; many other loved ones, prophets and apostles of old. But next to Jesus my heart is so longing to see my 'Bug'. I miss him more every day.

I am honored for every prayer that has been prayed for me and ask your continual prayers in the days ahead. May all of my precious supporters have the best holiday and my prayer is not only for 2010 but the rest of your lives be filled with the blessings of Jesus. Please remember me and the name of Jesus I have and will always uphold. Until we meet again, Sister Nona Freeman

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was blessed to be able to hear Nona preach at Calvary Tabernacle when I was a very young girl. I am now 19 years old and back in church, constantly reading the Freeman's books. They were amazing people that surpass most! I feel god is talking to my heart, telling me to do missions work, but some of it is still unclear to me. I hope that one day I can accomplish a tenth of what they did.
God Bless!