Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Night Vamp

I've been an arms-length fan of Paul Thorn for quite some time. I say that because I simply cannot reconcile everything he records to the column labeled "of good report." Paul is enigmatic at the very least, and his "backslider's perspective" peppers nearly everything he does.

Every now and then his rather occluded church background provides something inexplicably brilliant. Something about the synergistic run-up by a band makes the previous statement exponential.



-R

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm. Who's Paul Thorn? Got a 2-3 sentence bio to help me out?

Steve said...

“Every now his rather occluded church background provides something inexplicably brilliant. Something about the synergistic run-up by a band makes the previous statement exponential.”


I have to admit I did a double-take on this one. Actually more like a triple or quadruple-take. Once I actually began to understand it, I found it to be extremely clever. You do have a way with words.

Doofus said...

Steve.

Glad you're giving me credit for my syntax crash. Too bad I had to fix it out of pure obsession.

-R

Steve said...

I'm a little OCD about these things myself. It pains me to go back and find an error in something I've written and I feel compelled to correct it if I can.

stu said...

I like the youtube of Roberto Duran's right cross to Paul Thorn better than the latter's pseudo-pennycostal romp on stage. Maybe he could open for Kings of Leon sometime in the future...

Doofus said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Doofus said...

The Kings Of Leon are far more ridiculous, and far more flippant about their heritage in a truth I presume Paul Thorn has never seen.

-R