Friday, September 12, 2008

Trig Palin & A More Fitting Political Cartoon


My whole theory as to why Sarah Palin's Vice Presidential nomineehood has the left freaking out can be summed up in three words.

Unaborted Downs Baby.

Twenty years ago, I took it with a grain of salt when I heard Rush Limbaugh refer to abortion as the "sacrament" of the otherwise irreligious left. Now I think he was WAY ahead of his time. Something about that cute little Trig Palin is making them nuts.

I really didn't think the transparency of these things would emerge so soon, but they have. And all it took was for John McCain to nominate Sarah Palin.

At first, the press went straight ahead with the predictable "stupid hick" meme, hoping that McCain would falter on one of his Maverick turns and spirit her out the gate called Eagleton. That was immediately evaporated by crack Internet research and one speech to the convention. Then they tried to explain little Trig's existence as the pregnancy of a naive girl and an embarrassed mother trying to cover it up by saying it was her own. That failed, about the same time that the Daily Kos, notorious for their malevolent sendoffs of dead conservatives, found themselves even too embarrassed to be seen standing next to that smear.

So what did that leave them with? Sarah Palin: A woman who loved her genetically-damaged child enough not to kill it.

This is an abomination too heavy for the left to handle. But again, I, the raven, quoth too much. I'll let the horses usher their transparent malfeasance, right off the bit. Take, for instance, Carol Fowler, the chairman of the South Carolina Democratic Party:

South Carolina Democratic chairwoman Carol Fowler sharply attacked Sarah Palin today, saying John McCain had chosen a running mate "whose primary qualification seems to be that she hasn’t had an abortion.” Palin is an opponent of abortion rights and gave birth to her fifth child, Trig, earlier this year after finding out during her pregnancy that the baby had Down syndrome.

Of course , this was retracted the minute it saw print. Er, eh . . . wait. Not exactly:

"I personally admire and respect the difficult choices that women make everyday, and I apologize to anyone who finds my comment offensive. I clumsily was making a point about people in South Carolina who may vote based on a single issue. Whether it’s the environment, the economy, the war or a woman’s right to choose, there are people who will cast their vote based on a single issue. That was the only point I was attempting to make."
And she was trying to make the point without ever once apologizing to the woman she insulted: Sarah Palin.
Even worse, we have the medical community attempting to weigh in with--and I mean this--a "concern" that Sarah Palin's high-visibility amongst the rest of humanity will . . . and I can't believe these words are coming out . . . encourage those with protractible special needs pregnancies to seek methods other than the saline catapult to answer fate's whisper:

Sarah and Todd Palin's decision to complete her recent pregnancy, despite advance notice that their baby Trig had Down syndrome, is hailed by many in the pro-life movement as walking the walk as well as talking the talk.

But a senior Canadian doctor is now expressing concerns that such a prominent public role model as the governor of Alaska and potential vice president of the United States completing a Down syndrome pregnancy may prompt other women to make the same decision against abortion because of that genetic abnormality. And thereby reduce the number of abortions.
Though I guess I won't know until Judgement, I still cannot understand just what exactly it is that Hell accomplishes with this. I for one don't believe that the unborn fill Hell's coffers. But the spirit behind this is almost tangible, and practically ectoplasmically visible.

I just don't know why.

-R

3 comments:

Sweating Through fog said...

All very tue. Thanks.

aahrens said...

Ron,
I just think many have been nearly brain-washed - or if they haven't, they really don't know how to know the truth because all they get is a bunch of politicians masquerading as journalists telling them what they should think. It really is a "culture war" as O'Reilly put it today. It just goes to prove that politicians and journalists alike in this country are no more concerned about the issues than is my cat! It's just a no-hold-barred attempt to push through a secular progressive policy.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

I am living proof that a baby is a living being and that God know the plans he has for every baby before they even exist in the womb. I was almost aborted before my birth and now I am 21 years old and plan to be a missionary in South America. Only God knows what a child will become and only God should have the control of keeping a baby alive or not. Thank you for your moving article! And I think it is soooo true!